User Experience (UX)
Location: Chicago, IL
User Experience (UX) Lead will lead both the web production group and the user experience group. Will oversee all web promotions and production requests coming in to the web production group as well as content updates, newsletters, emails, and site updates to promotional, video, and written content. UX Lead also oversees all usability, site and graphic design, information architecture, and front-end development in the user experience group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES
- Oversees the web production group in charge of the following:
- Creation of newsletter and email campaigns.
- Oversees the user experience group
- Front-end development and user-centered design revolving around the sites as a whole, including overall look and feel, checkout process, search, browse, and templating.
- Development of taxonomies, ontologies, and other controlled vocabularies to support usability and findability. Planning of usability testing activities, determining appropriate testing methodologies, collects data, summarizes findings, and reports results.
- Gathers requirements, develops use cases, and writes business requirements and functional specification documentation for the user experience, marketing, merchandising, and business development groups.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of design standards and the promotion of user-centered design throughout the organization.
- Extend and contribute to evolve corporate branding styles to new website designs, style guides, and graphics.
- Reviews applications throughout the development lifecycle to ensure integrity.
- Advocates usability best practices for internal and customer-facing applications.
- Oversees the marketing and merchandising development and feature requests for all sites and of the projects for the New Media Consumer Market Group.
- Tracks various issues and bugs for all sites dealing with customer facing issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience), with multidisciplinary background such as psychology, computer science, library/information science, human-computer interaction, or graphic design.
- At least 5 years related industry experience in user-centered design, graphic design, or information science.
- Proven understanding of and experience with: user-centered design techniques; graphic design; eye tracking and user browse behavior; development of organizational/structural concepts for websites; project processes for the development of large-scale website projects; documentation requirements for web development teams; application of web content management, personalization, targeting, navigation and search systems; web accessibility standards.
- Ability to lead a team successfully.
- Experience in writing business and functional requirements and managing projects from start to finish.
- Demonstrated skill in designing business rules and their implementation.
- Proficiency with industry-standard design software such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Visio.
- Experience with an IDE such as Visual Studio or Eclipse is highly desired.
- Proficiency with usability testing software is highly desired.
- Demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing behavioral data, and reporting results.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in written and diagrammatic forms.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relationship skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough, detail-oriented and high organized, plus ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Connect: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
Boston I Chicago I Detroit I Grand Rapids I Minneapolis I Nashville