Rovi corporation is looking for a User Experience Researcher to join a dynamic team of creative individuals who are passionate about building the next best thing in Digital Entertainment Software.
The User Experience Research Specialist will be responsible for planning, conducting, and analyzing usability test sessions on an iterative timeline. This individual will work with UX staff, Product Managers, and the UX Insights Analyst when scheduling, preparing, conducting and analyzing usability testing sessions of Rovi products and competitive solutions. This ideal candidate should have experience in behavioral research and conducting usability sessions with various levels of product fidelity. The individual is expected to travel ~40% of the time in various geographic locations. The candidate that fills this position will be expected to independently manage user requirement initiatives, usability testing, field testing, task analysis, card sorting, and observational analysis methodologies. They will work with the User Experience (UX) team to drive iterative design practices, early stage concept testing, and pre-launch design verification throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will help promote Rovi within our profession by publishing research articles, presenting at professional conferences, and engaging other user experience teams to discuss best practices, frequent pit falls, easy design wins, and UCD process issues.
• Effective problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
• Self-motivated with the ability to independently manage multiple studies in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to design research protocols both independently and within a group dynamic.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the areas of gathering user requirements, scenario development, conducting usability tests, questionnaire/survey design, etc.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Should be able to communicate with c-level executives, business owners, customers and non-technical consumers.
• Firm ability to grasp technical details, new technology, and to clearly articulate user-centered requirements.
• Ability to travel for research studies and customer meetings. (~35% expected)
Secondary Responsibilities would include:
• Working with agencies to recruit participants with the required characteristics.
• Build and maintain an internal list of participants for quick studies and iterative design reviews.
• Conduct competitive analysis and testing independently and on an as needed timeline.
• Develop and apply usability metrics for the purpose of continual product improvement.
• Conduct longitudinal studies to ensure quality of design.
• Assist organizational units in identifying emerging markets through consumer research.
• A graduate degree in Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Human Perception, HCI or related field.
• An accomplished professional background with publications and history within applied research.
• Experience with consumer electronics devices such as: television, tablet and smart phone applications.
• Consultancy experience or a proven track record of leaving your customers (internal or external) satisfied.
Interested? Please apply online on our career center at:
Who is Rovi?
Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) is focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering solutions that enable consumers to intuitively connect to new entertainment from many sources and locations, and has one of the world’s leading patent portfolios in this area, with more than 5000 issued patents and pending applications worldwide. The company licenses its patent portfolio to consumer electronics manufacturers, service providers and other third parties around the world. Rovi also provides its own extensive entertainment discovery solutions for television, movies, music and photos, together with industry leading entertainment data, to create the connections between people and technology, and enable them to discover and manage entertainment in an enjoyable form. With the recent acquisition of Sonic, Rovi has expanded its breadth of offerings throughout the digital entertainment ecosystem to include content producers, post production digitization, distribution of content ensuring both digital rights and quality of distribution in addition to ecommerce management for content distributors. We have become an end-to-end provider of world class digital entertainment. Rovi is a global company headquartered in Santa Clara with nearly 2100 employees worldwide.