The Principal Visual Designer has 10 years of experience in visual design for a consulting company or interactive agency. The Designer is expected to provide innovative, user-centered, information and visual design work that contributes to an enhanced user experience. They are responsible for directing and contributing to the development of a variety of visual design projects across multiple clients from concept to delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and work on engagements independently or manage large teams of visual designers and developers
- Develop and oversee client pitches from a creative perspective
- Be the creative subject matter expert of the company on sales calls
- Foster strong relationships with clients that develop into future work based on excellent delivery and trust
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate creative rationale to clients and team members
- Develop and communicate industry-leading creative concepts
- Strong visual style and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, usability and information architecture affect design
- Develop the design piece of SOW’s and Project Timelines
- Design large-scale design systems for use in design templates or creating design language
- Develop presentations, storyboards and client feedback mechanisms to communicate visual designs process
- Provide quality assurance of creative deliverables
- Work along side of creative and design director to install new processes and create best practices
- Mentor and lead junior visual team members
- Design problem-solving skills—ability to work through designs that are of extreme complexity
- Expert working on applications, marketing sites, and ecommerce sites
- Inspire and mentor junior level designers
- A passion for creating great user experiences through the use of visual design
- Strong understanding of branding and digital identity
- Experience managing teams of designers
- Ability to lead client relationships
- Actively engages and participates in the design community
- Understanding limitations of Flash, Flex, CSS, AJAX, DHTML, RIA and other emerging technologies like mobile.
- Strong presentation skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong design portfolio
- Knowledge of basic human factors techniques
- Understanding of motion graphics
- Minimum 10 years of design experience for large, Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries and verticals
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a design agency or consultancy
Software package expertise
- Adobe Creative suite
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Microsoft Project
- Bachelors of Fine Arts or design degree (Master’s degree a plus)
30-50% travel depending on project. Candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires.
As part of TandemSeven's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check, which may include fingerprinting, prior to an offer being extended. Background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicle records (where required for position).
TandemSeven supports Workforce Diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.