The Strategy team's role with our clients is to be a partner. the clients understand their own business and themselves and we understand digital. Together we can figure out how to best leverage digital to benefit the client's business. At One North, the difference is that our Strategy team uses UX tools to develop those solutions in new and interesting ways.
One North Digital Strategists operate as Consultants, Business Analysts and User Experience Designers to construct digital, interactive experiences for professional services organizations. As a consultant, you partner with clients to understand their business goals and work with them to determine how these can be achieved through digital interactions. As a business analyst, you work to understand what functionality is needed for both users and clients, and how content should be displayed for various audiences. The UX/UI designer in you understands how to visualize a solution, designing the functionality, content and information architecture, and user experience for all digital assets.
Technology has the power to transform how we think, act and communicate. Does that motivate you? Keep reading!
On a team of thinkers, problem solvers and over-achievers, you will:
- Help guide clients to effectively design user journeys through an inspirational discovery and thoughtful information architecture and functional design process.
- Partner closely with strategy team members, visual designers and developers to bring the solution to digital life.
- Ensure that every One North solution is effective, engaging, usable, consistent and, most importantly, aligned with the client’s business goals.
- Contribute to thought leadership and collaborate with fellow strategists in order to keep up with trends and developments in digital marketing.
We would also love to see:
- A strong communicator. Everything strategists do is ultimately communicated in writing whether it is wireframes, presentations, emails, or formal deliverable documents. Your communications should be clear and concise, putting yourself in the mindset of your audience and successfully articulating expectations.
- A tech-driven web head – someone who is interested in interactive technology, UXD and the web. We are constantly looking at how things are done on the internet today and thinking about how things could be done tomorrow.
- A person who can effectively link the broad goals of clients to the specifics of the solution he/she designs to meet the client’s goals. You are inspired by abstract concepts but also can explain complex ideas in an easy-to-comprehend fashion. Ultimately, we are comfortable with translating the biggest and most general truths about an organization and reflecting that in the content scheme, information architecture and functional details of a solution.
- Someone who is able to put themselves in our clients’ shoes. It is important for us to be able to consider the challenges they face and the practical aspects to getting things done.
The opportunity to grow:
- The work of our strategists is often what sets us apart from our competitors. Strategists have the opportunity to make a difference for the business.
- We believe in cultivating and developing our strategists’ interests as they evolve within web and interactive technology.
- Strategists help pave the road as we grow into new verticals and the types of clients we serve widens.
Demonstrated interest and experience in areas of interactive design, user experience design, consulting and information architecture.
Experience working in a professional, collaborative environment (1-5 years).
Experience holding oneself accountable for deadlines.
A demonstrated passion for solving problems.
Ability to thrive in an environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit.
Proficiency in visual productivity software such as Axure, Adobe CS (InDesign, Fireworks) is a big plus. Visio, OmniGraffle and similar tools would also be relevant.
Ability to travel to client sites as projects require, up to 10 %.